As of January 1, 2013, HNE now offers both Medicare Advantage and Medicare Supplement plans.
Today, HNE offers Medicare Advantage plans in Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin and Berkshire Counties. HNE has approximately 8,000 Medicare Advantage members. HNE is the only 5-Star Rated health plan in Massachusetts, two years running! With a 5-Star rating, Medicare beneficiaries who are not currently on an HNE Medicare Advantage plan can enroll in an HNE Medicare Advantage plan anytime during the 2013 calendar year.
As of 1/1/2013, HNE now offers Medicare Supplement plans. HNE has two Medicare Supplement plans, the HNE Medicare Supplement Core and the HNE Medicare Supplement 1. These plans can be bought by any Medicare-eligible resident of Massachusetts. As a company, we don’t anticipate a large number of Medicare Supplement members in the 2013 calendar year, however if you encounter an HNE Medicare member, here are some important tips:
HNE Medicare Advantage Plans
- ID numbers start with the number 9.
- Cards have the HNE Medicare Advantage logo on them.
- Members should only show you their HNE Medicare Advantage card
- You should only bill HNE (not Medicare) for their services.
- You must be participating in the HNE Medicare Advantage network to treat these members.
HNE Medicare Supplement
- Plan ID numbers start with the number 6.
- Cards look similar to our commercial membership cards.
- Members should show both their HNE Medicare Supplement card and their Medicare Red, White and Blue card.
- Medicare will be the primary payer. You should bill Medicare first.
- You don’t have to be in the Medicare Advantage network to treat these members.
For both our HNE Medicare Advantage and HNE Medicare Supplement member inquiries, you can call HNE’s Medicare dedicated Member Services team at 413.787.0010 or 877.443.3314.